Process Hazard & Risk Analysis
Controlling risks within high hazard industries requires a robust process safety management (PSM) system and the experienced application of process hazard and risk analysis (PH&RA) techniques. This PH&RA course is part of the TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Program. Participants who successfully pass the examination will be awarded a TÜV Rheinland FS Engineer (PH&RA) Certificate. The course covers the fundamentals of PSM, hazard identification and risk analysis, evaluation and treatment. The course focuses on the principal methods including HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA, FMEA and QRA as well as the increasingly popular bowtie analysis. It demonstrates how to apply theory in practice, using simple and more complex examples to illustrate key points.
At the end of the course you will be able to
- Apply the most popular and internationally adopted methods and tools for identifying and managing the risks associated with process related hazards
- Actively participate in and give effective support during the whole process hazard and risk analysis approach
- Identify hazards and analyse risk, including applying the IEC 61882 HAZOP standard
- Relate the requirements of Functional Safety according to IEC 61508 and IEC 61511 to process hazards and risk analysis.
- Overview of TÜV Rheinland FS Program
- Process safety management
- Risk identification
- What if?, HAZID, HAZOP, FMEA
- Risk analysis
- Risk matrix, Bowtie analysis
- Fault & event tree analysis
- Physical Effects Modelling (PEM)
- Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA)
- LOPA, SIL Assessment
- Human factors in design
- Risk evaluation
- Risk criteria, ALARP assessment
- Risk treatment
- Communication, consultation, monitoring and review
Upcoming face-to-face courses
In-house customised training can be provided upon request. Enquire for further details.