Physical Effects Modelling
To enable an understanding of the range of hazardous physical effects that can occur, an overview of human and equipment vulnerability to physical effects, and the uses and limitations of physical effect modelling. This includes an introduction to physical effects modelling and the opportunity for some hands-on practice of physical effects calculations.
At the end of the course you will be able to
- Analyse an industrial plant/installation to determine expected physical effects in the event of an incident
- Evaluate, by applying physical effects modelling techniques, how these physical effects affect people and plant
- Justify which of the available modelling techniques/software is appropriate to analyse physical effects in different circumstances, whilst understanding the limitations of these techniques
- What are physical effects and why model them?
- Source term release and discharge calculation
- Dispersion analysis
- Fire modelling
- Explosion modelling
- Subsea releases/dispersion
- Human and plant vulnerability to physical effects
- Commercial and public domain software tools
In-house customised training can be provided upon request. Enquire for further details.