Maritime Risk Management
The aim of the course is to introduce the concept of risk management and its application to maritime operations. The requirements of maritime laws, regulations and guidelines are covered, as well as approaches to identifying, assessing and managing the specific risks associated with maritime operations.
At the end of the course you will be able to
- Critically review, from an HSE perspective, the principal types of operations and activities which exist within the maritime industry
- Apply the principles of risk management to maritime operations to identify typical hazards and evaluate risks
- Consider maritime legislation and its impact upon operations
- Aims and introductions
- Overview of maritime operations
- Overview of risk, hazards and consequences in maritime operations
- The risk management process
- Overview of maritime laws, regulations and codes
- Maritime accidents and their causes
- Example approaches to maritime risk management using the bowtie diagram
In-house customised training can be provided upon request. Enquire for further details.
Related consulting services:
Please use this form if you wish to make contact with Risktec.