This course provides an understanding and awareness of the tools and techniques available for hazard identification, where they can be applied and what limitations may exist. Students will be introduced to the concept of HAZID, including the HAZID team and process. A range of other hazard identification techniques will also be introduced.
At the end of the course you will be able to
- Assess the role of hazard identification in the risk management process
- Critically review the tools and techniques available to carry out effective hazard identification at each lifecycle stage
- Design a fit-for-purpose hazard identification study
- Critical examination
- Codes and standards
- Hazard indices
- Concept Safety Analysis / Preliminary Hazard Review
- What If?
- Safety audits
- Fault trees and event trees
- Sneak Analysis
- Human error / task analysis
Hazard identification through the project lifecycle
Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) studies
HAZID versus HAZOP
- 14th October 2020, London, UK.
In-house customised training can be provided upon request. Enquire for further details.