Fault Tree and Event Tree Analysis
This course enables students to understand the principles of fault and event tree analysis and to perform their own assessments. The module looks at the development of fault tree and event tree models and populating them with suitable reliability data, human errors and dependent failures. It then considers quantification of the models and how they can be used to evaluate potential improvements.
At the end of the course you will be able to
- Consider when it is appropriate to apply fault tree analysis and event tree analysis
- Design and analyse fault tree models incorporating appropriate reliability data for components, human error and dependent failures
- Generate and analyse event tree models
- Introduction to Fault Tree Analysis
- Fault Tree construction
- Minimal cut sets
- Basic event reliability data
- Dependent failures and human errors
- Fault Tree quantification
- Fault Tree analysis advantages & disadvantages
- Introduction to event tree analysis
- Event Tree construction and quantification
- Fault and Event Tree software
- Further study and additional exercises
In-house customised training can be provided upon request. Enquire for further details.
Related consulting services:
Please use this form if you wish to make contact with Risktec.