Culture, Behaviour & Competency
The purpose of this module is to provide the theory and practice that underpins safety culture and related workplace behaviour, as well as managing competency. It aims to promote consideration, discussion and evaluation of the interconnection between culture, behaviour and competency and their relative importance within the workplace. The module promotes the application of this knowledge in workplace situations and highlights the importance of the topic in the field of risk and safety management.
At the end of the course you will be able to
- Determine and justify the elements of, and requirements for, competency management, and evaluate the relationship between competency, training and resourcing
- Critically review the importance of culture and behaviour in the workplace
- Demonstrate how culture, behaviour and competency can be successfully managed in the workplace.
- Why competency should be managed
- Determining competencies
- Competency management process
- The need for organisational change management
- Organisational culture models and ‘Just’ culture
- Measuring and improving organisational culture
- Human error and violations
- Human behaviour, motivation, attitudes, coaching, communication
- Behavioural safety
- Cultural and behavioural tools