Bowtie Risk Management
Bowtie analysis (also known as barrier diagrams) is an increasingly popular approach to help manage risk. This module introduces the bowtie methodology and examines in detail the various bowtie analysis components. The module also provides a critical review of the method’s benefits, limitations and practical uses, with hands-on practice at applying the technique.
At the end of the course you will be able to
- Analyse hazard scenarios by applying the bowtie method and designing a bowtie diagram
- Develop integrity assurance for bowtie barriers
- Devise risk acceptance criteria for hazards in bowties
- Introduction to risk assessment and bowties
- The bowtie method – what is a bowtie and how to build one
- Assuring barrier integrity
- Effectiveness and ALARP for bowties
- Benefits and practical uses of bowties
- Facilitating bowtie workshops
- Bowtie software tools
- Postgraduate qualifications (Starts 1st October 2020)
- Risktec Professional Qualifications (Start anytime)
In-house customised training can be provided upon request. Enquire for further details.