Technical safety studies
Technical safety studies are undertaken for offshore and onshore process facilities throughout the project lifecycle, from concept selection to the operational phase. As the lifecycle progresses, the level of information about a facility increases, enabling more detailed risk assessment. However, the opportunity for making changes to the facility is greater at earlier stages of the project.
Technical safety studies provide essential information that feeds into a quantitative risk assessment and HSSE / safety case. Recommendations made during the course of these studies is implemented within the design or operation, where practicable, to ensure risks are being managed to acceptable levels.
Risktec has extensive experience of technical safety studies including:
- Fire and explosion risk assessment
- Smoke and gas dispersion study
- Turbine exhaust, flare and vent radiation and dispersion studies
- Escape, evacuation and rescue assessment
- Essential systems survivability assessment
- Temporary refuge integrity / impairment assessment
- Building risk assessment
- Facility siting study
- Reactive hazard assessment
- SIMOPs assessment
- Ship collision study
- Dropped objects study
- Helicopter transportation risk assessment
- Occupational risk assessment
- Training courses
We also undertake structural integrity assessments to evaluate the adequacy of structures and equipment under extreme loads, e.g. impact, wind, fire, explosion.