Reliability, availability and maintainability modelling
Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) analysis determines the likelihood of plant failure and the time necessary to return the plant to an operational state. This allows the operator to optimise the design including its configuration, level of redundancy, component selection and supporting maintenance strategy. As well as suggesting tangible improvements, a RAM analysis provides confidence that the system will meet its operational targets and support the through-life viability of a project.
Risktec provides a comprehensive RAM service, including:
- Reliability data collection and analysis
- FMEA and FMECA
- Criticality analysis
- Reliability block diagrams (RBDs)
- Fault tree, event tree and Monte Carlo analyses
- Reliability-centred maintenance (RCM)
- Risk-based inspection (RBI)
- Performance standards
- Maintenance, testing and inspection optimisation
- Human reliability assessment
- Training courses
By applying RAM techniques in the early phases of the project lifecycle, Risktec identifies any shortfalls against targets and proposes practical solutions which yield significant improvements in reliability, availability and maintainability.