Process safety management
The major objective of process safety management (PSM) is to prevent unwanted releases of hazardous chemicals, particularly in areas that could expose workers and the public to serious hazards. An effective PSM programme requires a systematic approach to identifying, evaluating and managing process hazards.
Risktec consultants are industry experts in PSM who share their practical experience and knowledge to provide clients with a pragmatic approach to PSM compliance.
Our PSM services include:
- Process hazard analysis (HAZID, HAZOP, What-if?, FMEA, Fault / Event Tree Analysis)
- Layer of protection analysis (LOPA)
- Consequence analysis through dispersion, fire and explosion modelling
- Quantitative risk assessment (QRA)
- Project process safety support
- Facility siting analysis
- Security vulnerability assessments
- Human factors engineering
- Management of change systems
- Mechanical integrity reviews
- Incident investigation and root cause analysis
- Emergency response plans
- Compliance audits and training
- Contractor audits
- Management review
- Training courses
Risktec has a unique blend of engineering and creative skills, proven methodologies and up-to-date analytical tools to address any PSM needs.