Human factors engineering
With complex engineered systems becoming ever more reliable, the human component can often be the weakest link. Risktec helps to improve the safe and efficient performance of facilities and systems by considering the capabilities and limitations of people during the design and operations.
We provide a service based upon practical experience of human factors in industry and knowledge of current academic theory. Our focus is to help improve risk performance by minimising human and organisational errors and enhancing human performance.
Risktec’s approach integrates human factors throughout the lifecycle of projects and facilities. The approach ensures early resolution of human factors issues, thereby reducing downstream problems such as re-design and emerging technical constraints.
Our human factors engineering (HFE) services include:
- HFE screening
- Human factors integration planning and management
- HFE planning for construction and commissioning
- Safety-critical task analysis
- Ergonomic assessment of control rooms, workplaces and skid packages
- Control room design and workplace ergonomics
- 3D CAD model reviews
- Valve criticality analysis
- Human machine interface assessment
- Alarm management
- Workload analysis and manning studies
- Human error identification, quantification and reduction
- Training courses
Our structured approach to the application of human factors engineering can be the key to the success of designing, assessing, implementing and managing equipment, environments, systems and organisations.