Emergency planning and crisis management
Good emergency and crisis planning aims to reduce, control or mitigate the effects of emergencies such as natural disasters, spills of hazardous materials, fires and explosions, and security threats. While pre-planned emergency response is most effective for the immediate tackling of any predictable event, the unpredictable nature of crises, often from unforeseen risks that could threaten the existence of the organisation, means that a more creative style aligned with the organisation’s values is required.
Risktec provides a broad range of services to help organisations plan ahead to ensure an effective response to emergencies and crises. Our services include:
- Identification of potential emergency and crisis scenarios
- Risk assessment of impact on business
- Developing emergency and crisis management strategies
- Documenting emergency response and crisis management plans and procedures
- Emergency control centre reviews and optimisation
- Human factors reviews
- Facilitating desktop and field drills and exercises
- Capturing competency requirements and assessing competency
- Assessing and auditing adequacy of emergency arrangements and facilities
- Emergency service delivery reviews
- Business continuity management
- Training courses
Our approach is based on a thorough understanding of the risks to the organisation’s facilities and operations, and development of practical emergency and crisis response arrangements.