Our services | Learning | Courses and events | Rail Industry Hazards and Risks
Rail Industry Hazards and Risks
The course provides an overview of the typical hazards associated with railway infrastructure, rolling stock, operations and maintenance. It also provides an introduction to the concepts of risk management and an understanding of the role of risk management through the rail project lifecycle. This involves studying the different sources of risk in the rail industry, the regulatory regimes of the industry, the typical phases of a project and opportunities for risk reduction within each of the phases and the final acceptance into service.
- Risk Management introduction
- Rail industry sources of risk
- Collisions between trains
- Collisions of trains with objects
- Collison of trains with road vehicles
- Persons hit by train
- Slips, trips, falls
- Fire and explosion
- Structural failures
- Construction and Maintenance
- Human Factors
- Standard Mitigations
- Regulatory regimes and requirements
- Overview of Risk Assessment Tools and Techniques used in the industry
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Deconstruct the risk management process into its constituent components and contrast key risk management terms such as “hazard”, “consequence” and “risk”.
- Evaluate the various drivers which cause railway organisations to manage risk.
- Understand the principle sources of hazards and evaluate the risks which typically arise during rail industry projects.
- Apply knowledge of these hazards and the available mitigations to the management of risk within rail projects.
Who should attend?
Managers, engineers and HSE professionals who need to lead or undertake risk management processes for their organisation and facilities, as well as individuals new to the rail industry who require an overview of the industry’s risks.
For more information about the contents of the Rail Industry Hazards and Risks course or to register, visit: Imeche.org or email: email@example.com
Start date: 7th August 2019
Event duration: 2 days
Location: London, UK
Award: Certificate of attendance
Price: For more information contact IMechE
Download the brochure
Submit an enquiry
I wish to discuss my requirements with a professional advisor.