Our services | Learning | Courses and events | Physical Effects Modelling (Gas, Toxics, Fire, Explosions)
Physical Effects Modelling (Gas, Toxics, Fire, Explosions)
This course will enable an understanding of the range of hazardous physical effects that can occur, an overview of human and equipment vulnerability to physical effects, and the uses and limitations of physical effect modelling. This includes an introduction to physical effects modelling and the opportunity for some hands-on practice of physical effects calculations.
- What are physical effects and why model them?
- Source term release and discharge calculation
- Dispersion analysis
- Fire modelling
- Explosion modelling
- Subsea releases/dispersion
- Human and plant vulnerability to physical effects
- Commercial and public domain software tools
At the end of the course you will be able to
- Analyse an industrial plant/installation to determine expected physical effects in the event of an incident
- Evaluate, by applying physical effects modelling techniques, how these physical effects affect people and plant
- Justify which of the available modelling techniques/software is appropriate to analyse physical effects in different circumstances, whilst understanding the limitations of these techniques
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for managers, engineers, operators, HSE advisors and risk management practitioners.
For more information about the contents of the Bowtie Risk Management course or to register, download the brochure below or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Start date: 17th – 18th June 2019
Event duration: 2 days
Location: Liwa Heights, Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai
Award: Certificate of attendance.
Price: USD 990
Download the brochure
Submit an enquiry
I wish to discuss my requirements with a professional advisor.